Hi,

In message "Re: ruby-dev summary 26468-26661"
    on Thu, 4 Aug 2005 22:38:06 +0900, "David A. Black" <dblack / wobblini.net> writes:

|> I like it!  Looks much more uniform and consistent with function
|> syntax than {|...| ...}
|
|I assume you mean method syntax.  But why is that important?  Until
|this new syntax was posted, I'd never heard anyone complain that they
|found it hard to recognize {|...| } as a code block.  Now there seems
|to be a retroactive sentiment in the air that the block syntax is, and
|always has been, obscure or garbled.

lambda is an anonymous function, so that it requires full syntax of
function/method argument, including optional arguments, keyword
arguments, block arguments etc., not just parallel assignment as in
plain block parameters.

|If uniformity is important maybe def should be redesigned:

|   def x |a,b,c=1|
|   end

Stop joking. ;-)
Unlike others, I have never given uniformity a top priority.

							matz.