Hi --

On Thu, 4 Aug 2005, Takaaki Tateishi wrote:

> [ruby-dev:26623] Ruby2.0BlockParameterNotation
>  Sasada asked about new notation of block parameter. This issue is summarized
>  at the following sites. Now ruby(HEAD) accepts the notation '->(...){...}'.

I'm not clear on what problem or shortcoming this addresses.  Also,
I'm concerned that this amount of multiplied punctuation is going to
detract seriously from "clean" look of Ruby.  I know it's not just a
matter of counting punctuation characters.  But going from {|x|} to
->(x){} seems like a major move in the "line noise" direction.

David

--
David A. Black
dblack / wobblini.net