#: Austin Ziegler changed the world a bit at a time by saying on  8/4/2005 1:16 AM :#
> On 8/3/05, Ryan Leavengood <mrcode / netrox.net> wrote:
>> Still, I balk when I see XML config files, even if they are fairly simple.
>> I imagine a Ruby version would use YAML instead, but I still don't like
>> the idea of external files. But maybe that is part of the power of TestNG.
>> Without making a lot of tests using TestNG I can't quite see all the
>> benefits or power.
>
> I prefer to think that a Ruby version would use Ruby.
>
> While I will often use configuration files (XML, YAML, or something
> else) when they are suitable (e.g., you don't want executable code),
> test configurations are all about running code. Therefore, these
> should themselves be executable code. At least IMO.
>
> -austin

Hi!

I am part of the TestNG team and your messages just raised my pulse (pretty happy right now).

I am a newbie to Ruby, but I really think I would like to work with somebody on porting the TestNG
functionality in Ruby.

Please let me know if somebody is interested in guiding me through Ruby. I can pay back with some
TestNG internal ;-).

thanks,
:alex |.::the_mindstorm::.|