On 8/3/05, Ryan Leavengood <mrcode / netrox.net> wrote:
> Still, I balk when I see XML config files, even if they are fairly simple.
> I imagine a Ruby version would use YAML instead, but I still don't like
> the idea of external files. But maybe that is part of the power of TestNG.
> Without making a lot of tests using TestNG I can't quite see all the
> benefits or power.

I prefer to think that a Ruby version would use Ruby.

While I will often use configuration files (XML, YAML, or something
else) when they are suitable (e.g., you don't want executable code),
test configurations are all about running code. Therefore, these
should themselves be executable code. At least IMO.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com
               * Alternate: austin / halostatue.ca