On 8/3/05, Jeff Wood <jeff.darklight / gmail.com> wrote:
> There is wonderful java-based testing unit framework called TestNG.
>
> I'd love to see it's extensions to the standard xUnit style testing
> get incorporated into our TestUnit objects...
>
> Anyways, if/when any of you that care to, have the time, please take a
> look at TestNG and let me know what you think of the idea of something
> like that becoming the standard for Ruby?
>
> Thanks ... I know I'm not in any place of power, but I just wanted to
> see what people think.

http://www.beust.com/testng/ appears to be the home page. What might
be useful is forwarding this to Nathaniel Talbott to see what he's
done toward creating the test/unit next generation code that he
presented last year at RubyConf and maybe see if the ideas with this
can be expressed in code that fits with his ideas. It might also be
worth going over the ideas that he's had with test/unit from last
year's presentation. I *think* Ryan Davis archives the presentations
at zenspider.org.

-austin
--
Austin Ziegler * halostatue / gmail.com