Bill, thank you for the reply.

> I believe the One-Click Installer sets RUBYOPT and PATH for you.

Two things about this consideration:
1. I need to keep the packages synched. Not all packages are in Gem
format. I can probably use a SCM or sync tool to keep the files
synched. This would apply to the Gems too.
2. I can probably set the environment variables using wshell via
Win32ole.
The One-Click Installer may be easier set set the environment variables
option if it supports a touchless installation.

> just write a script to call "gem install --remote blah" for each gem you need.

Doesn't Gems prompt to install dependencies? If there is a way to
default to "Yes", then it would be easier.