Here are recent ruby-dev summaries.

Regards,

ruby-dev:26468-26661

[ruby-dev:26468] security error of open-uri when accessing a redirect URL.
  Kazuhiko suggested that a security error should not be caused if we access a remote site specified
  by an untainted URL string using open-uri in case of $SAFE=1 and the remote server returns redirect
  URL. This post set off a discussion about the definition of the taint feature and the security
  mechanism, since the definition seems to use undefined ambiguous terms and we don't explicitly
  explain when and how we untaint a tainted object.

[ruby-dev:26616] public method
  Seki asked about features like 'public', 'private' and 'protected', since He tried to change his
  codes in dRuby to check restriction of method calls. In this issue, he proposed a new method like
  'send', which can't call private methods. Matz will accept his idea if its appropriate name is decided.

[ruby-dev:26623] Ruby2.0BlockParameterNotation
  Sasada asked about new notation of block parameter. This issue is summarized
  at the following sites. Now ruby(HEAD) accepts the notation '->(...){...}'.
  http://pub.cozmixng.org/~the-rwiki/rw-cgi.rb?cmd=view;name=Ruby2.0BlockParameterNotation
  http://redhanded.hobix.com/inspect/blockAndLambda.html
--
Takaaki Tateishi <ttate / ttsky.net>