Tom Copeland wrote:

> On Wed, 2005-08-03 at 06:10 +0900, Simon Kr?ger wrote:
>
>>Hi *,
>>
>>as the subject may suggest i'm trying to write id3v2 tags of mp3 files.
>>
>>Any libs - preferable in pure ruby ?
>

> There are a couple here:
>
> http://rubyforge.org/search/?type_of_search=soft&words=id3v&Search=Search
>
> although one of them is just a wrapper for id3v2.
>
> Yours,
>
> Tom

Hi Tom,

with your link i get 2 hits: MP3 Retracker is just a wrapper (as you
said) and mp3taglib is also a wrapper but for the id3lib (C code).

Perhaps the second would be fine (except that it is not pure ruby) but
i'm on Windows atm and didn't get it to work on my first try.
(mp3taglib uses gcc but id3lib vc++)

So my question wasn't accurate, i was looking for a painless solution
on windows.

ruby-mp3info looked like my rescue, but:

"ruby-mp3info gives you access to low level informations on mp3 files
(bitrate, length, samplerate, etc?). It can read, write, remove id3v1
tag and _read_ id3v2. It is written in pure ruby."

than i found "id3.rb - ID3 Library for Ruby", but:

Instance Methods:

     * new
     * read
     * write       # _not_ yet implemented..
     * dump        # dump the ID3 version 2 tag raw into a string

thanks, i will have to compile mp3taglib with vc++ i guess (and have
to life with the complicated api)

Simon