On Sun, Jul 31, 2005 at 09:17:24PM +0900, Lothar Scholz wrote:

> And how do i call in from C to OCaml ?

See my article on the subject (actually how to call OCaml from Ruby but it also
demonstrates how to call OCaml from C since that is the basis of the Ruby to
OCaml code).  http://sciruby.codeforpeople.com/sr.cgi/ProjectIdeas/RubyOCaml

Only the first half is applicable to C -> OCaml.  More info can be found
in the OCaml docs at http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html

> But even after the third look i don't like the syntax of Ocaml. I
> really don't like it.

It is very different from most languages.  This is in some part due to it's
functional ancestry;  OCaml<-ML<-Lisp.  It lost all of Lisps parens and
adopted infix notation.  It also mixes functional, imperative and oo styles
using a (mostly) functional syntax.  This looks very strange to people not
used to a functional programming language.

That's one reason why there are so many different languages...  Pick the one
most suited to you.

Rick

--
Rick Nooner