Hi David,

> Sorry if this is too late to be a legitimate entry.

It is probably legitimate enough for James to add to the official solutions
collection.

> James, what is the official way to submit an entry?  If posting to the
> list is good enough, here you go.  :-)

Posting to the list (or newsgroup) is the only way to submit an entry.

> My solution doesn't use recursion.  It deterministically transforms
> (heapindex, heapsize) coordinates into (x, y) coordinates.

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. It seems kind of like mine, but
cleaner-looking.

> ... If you spot an obviously missing Ruby idiom, please let me know.

The method name "get_depth" looks like a Java programmer wrote it. Just
"depth" works to get the width property of the Heap.

Cheers,
Dave