>> otoh, trying to get a generic storage is fun,
>> and ruby allows you to actually use it with so few code.
>
> I've looked at this, but I'm not entirely sure of the
> significance of what I see. ;)  Is it that you've put
> together a directory-oriented form of storage? In very
> little code, I would guess?

The app does what it does, based on the .aspects file.
the example web-app picks out what is marked as Public.
(and I wanted a second server to be able to look at everything).

An agenda app could pick things out based on
  Anniversary[born, died]
  Anniversary[married, divorced]
and who-knows-what.

Some things are harder. The .behaviour files to get
 - dependencies for exceptions in repeating appointments
 - aggregations in tree structured todos
is... merely an idea in my head.

> FYI, I'm also working on a private project which would
> be a to-do list tailored for my own use. I do plan,
> however, to make it customizable so that people could
> turn off the freaky features that only I would want.
>
> Currently it's a web app, but if I rewrite it carefully,
> even more of the "guts" can be re-used, e.g., in a
> desktop GUI app.
>
> If you're interested in that, we can talk offlist. We
> might be able to share some code. I've made significant
> progress toward handling repeating events and such.

I'm too much on IRC :)

|  all the meaningless and empty words I spoke        |
|                       Promises -- The Cranberries   |
+--- M38c --- http://members.chello.nl/k.vangelder ---+