Hello Norjee,

N> If there is no solution i could of course shell execution to run some
N> python scripts, using that output, but I'd rather not do this as
N> it'll create quite some messy interaction. Moreover, I think having
N> ruby able to run use python libraries would definitely help others to
N> adapt to using ruby, as I'm sure that the lack of libraries is
N> holding them back to use ruby, just as it does for me. Being able to
N> use at least a part of the libraries available to python gives ruby a
N> lot more libraries, with just having one wrapper library.

Instead of trying to generate something generic you maybe should
simply write a C extension that includes python.h and ruby.h and wrap
the API calls. If it is not very performance critical (i really think
it is not) you can simply generate the connectivity by passing string
arguments from one side to the other, together with a little parameter
encoding/decoding.

And yes, this requires C and gives you a good way to learn more about
it. Having knowlegde of C is IMHO an absolute "must have" for every
programmer.