Phil Tomson wrote:

>Why is it that people have the idea the ojects are difficult for
>programming newbies?  Wasn't Smalltalk intended as a tool for teaching
>children to program?

Hmm, wasn't that Squeak? I'm pretty much certain Smalltalk was intended
as a "normal"
programming language.

The objects being hard idea is indeed a very unfounded one. I'm sitting
next to a children's
programming summer day camp in the office, and there's quite a few 12
year olds that can
hack Game Maker stuff better than I could ever do anything that required
graphics. I'm
also plotting on tainting my 11 year old sister's soul with Ruby, so
I'll see where that leads.

David
(a poor likkle newbie if there ever was one)