Hello all,

While doing some research for the Ruby book that Dave and I are
writing, a few questions came up.

How are file permissions handled on non-Unix platforms?  From
some brief testing it seems that all you can do on Windows is
make a file read-only or not.  What about Mac, BeOS, etc?

For a more general question, how much of this platform-specific
behavior do you all think is appropriate for us to document?
Should we describe the behavior in detail on all known platforms,
or is it sufficient to say "platform dependent" and throw up our
hands?

Please let mw know what you think about this...

/\ndy

--
Andrew Hunt, The Pragmatic Programmers, LLC.
Innovative Object-Oriented Software Development