Ezra Zygmuntowicz wrote:
> Andrew-
>     There is an ftp library in the ruby standard library. Here is a
> little script that recursively descends through a directory and  uploads
> all the files to an ftp server:
>
> #!/usr/local/bin/ruby
> # This script uploads a folder of images via ftp
>
> require 'find'
> require 'net/ftp'
>
> path = "/Volumes/Users/ez/logos/" # <= set this to the path of your
> folder of images
>
> ftp = Net::FTP.new('ftp.example.com')
> ftp.login("username", "password")
> files = ftp.chdir('logos')
>
>    Find.find(path) do |file|
>        unless test(?d, file)    #<= this tests to make sure its a  file
> and not a directory before continuing.
>          ftp.putbinaryfile("#{file}", "#{File.basename(file)}")  #<=
> this assumes binary files.
>          puts "Uploaded #{file}"
>       end
>   end
>
> ftp.close
>
> Hope that helps
> -Ezra

Outstanding!  I forgot to ask in the original post, however, that I also
  need a library for creating CRC's with a divisor of 32bits.  Does
something like this exist?

Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee)
Hewlett-Packard Company
11311 Chinden Blvd.
Boise, Idaho
Please note: The e-mail address is purposely
mangled.  I do not wish my account at HP to
become a spam haven.