Andrew-
     There is an ftp library in the ruby standard library. Here is a
little script that recursively descends through a directory and
uploads all the files to an ftp server:

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby
# This script uploads a folder of images via ftp

require 'find'
require 'net/ftp'

path = "/Volumes/Users/ez/logos/" # <= set this to the path of your
folder of images

ftp = Net::FTP.new('ftp.example.com')
ftp.login("username", "password")
files = ftp.chdir('logos')

    Find.find(path) do |file|
        unless test(?d, file)    #<= this tests to make sure its a
file and not a directory before continuing.
          ftp.putbinaryfile("#{file}", "#{File.basename(file)}")  #<=
this assumes binary files.
          puts "Uploaded #{file}"

ftp.close

Hope that helps
-Ezra

On Jul 28, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Andrew Falanga wrote:

> Hi,
>
> New to Ruby and I'm not having much luck finding the answer to this
> question at this time.  Are there Ruby equivalents to the TWAPI
> extension library for TCL?  I need to be able to "mount" a share
> from a script for Windows.  I would also like to know if there is
> an FTP library that can be used in Ruby.
>
> Currently, I'm using TCL, but I need to have threading support and
> to my pleasant surprise, Ruby supports threading natively.  Plus,
> the language thus far, looks to be much more "fun" to work with
> than TCL.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help provided.

> Andrew R. Falanga (a non-HP employee)
> Hewlett-Packard Company
> 11311 Chinden Blvd.
> Boise, Idaho
> Please note: The e-mail address is purposely
> mangled.  I do not wish my account at HP to
> become a spam haven.

-Ezra Zygmuntowicz
Yakima Herald-Republic
WebMaster