zak.wilson / gmail.com wrote:
> Thanks. I'd blame myself for not reading the documentation, but there
> doesn't appear to be any with the ruby1.8-elisp Debian package. It does
> exactly what I want, now that I know how to use it.
>
> What a pleasant newsgroup - I double-posted a stupid question, but got
> a useful response and no flames :-)

Emacs lisp packages typically have the documentation in the elisp
package itself.  In any emacs buffer, the describe-mode emacs function,
bound to "C-h m" or "F1 m", gives some documentation for the current
major and minor modes.  So, if you're editing a a ruby file in emacs and
run describe-mode, you get documentation for ruby-mode, which includes
keybindings.

Adam