In article <42E898F4.2050200 / it.fts-vn.com>,
Kev Jackson  <kevin.jackson / it.fts-vn.com> wrote:
>We've just got an embedded project involving C + RTL? (some kind of
>FPGA/ASIC definition language), and SWIG.  I've convinced the people
>involved that C will be fine for low-level stuff, but for the
>application logic we should use a high-level language to minimize our
>effort (memory management etc).  I'm pretty sure that we'll be using
>ruby (project lead is a fan of Why's guide).  As for why we chose/are
>considering ruby - no compilation (we're both sick of that damn compile
>phase), support from SWIG interfaces, easily interface with C libraries
>etc, clean OO.

This sounds really interesting - are you at liberty to provide more
details?

Reading between the lines of your post: It would seem that you're
developing an ASIC or FPGA with an embedded CPU and then you plan to run
the Ruby interpreter on that CPU?

Phil