In article <1122535228.275770.140150 / g44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>,
treefrog <stephen.hill / motorola.com> wrote:
>Hi folks,
>I'm interested in finding out how widespread the use of Ruby is in
>embedded applications. Perhaps you do development for a jukebox
>manufacturer who uses Ruby to handle playlists, billing etc. with a C
>library doing all the driver stuff :-)
>
>So, if you do embedded development (or work with people who do) I'd be
>interested in:
>1. Do you use Ruby in embedded applications.
>2. If not do you use use Perl or Python instead (why?)
>3. Would you use Ruby if "they" let you?

I haven't used Ruby in embedded applications simply because I haven't had
the opportunity.

But mostly I wanted to ask a question of you based on your return email
address: Will we be seeing Ruby show up in any Motorola phones someday
soon?

Phil