Hello Mark,

MP> What is it that you like about D?  Personally, I was always impressed by
MP> Mr Bright's work and this seems to be a nice continuation.  Do you feel
MP> that it is ready for production use?

No. It's beta. The recent change in the hash semantic shows
this. Think that it still takes a year or two. Also a few features
like the method delegates are far from perfect (they should
look at Eiffels agents to see a good implementation) and they are
essential as GUI callbacks.

What i like about D?

Well, tell me where are the alternatives ?

Show me some for a higher level language that does not have the
gotchas of C++, will work for large projects (SmartEiffel does not
do this well), compiles to native executable, is statically typed,
has a garbage collector and is available on MacOSX,Linux,Win32 ?

I don't see any at the moment.

A C# compiler that does not generate .NET code would be nice but
its not there.

Still the same as 20 years ago, the Hardware is much faster developed
then the software. From this point of view i'm scared with the
new dual core CPU's in desktop machines. When will we get good
languages that support multithreading with some modern concepts ?
"occam" for the transputer was one idea, still have this occam book on
the shelf and "scoop" from the eiffel world another one.