>>>>> snip >>>>>
The tarball is only downloaded when it doesn't exist in the download
directory. The tarball is only unpacked and the target directory does
not exist. So, now that you have made it to that state, you could modify
those directories and they will not be overwritten by subsequent builds.

I found in 'builder.rb' and 'test.rb' several net-references for donwnload (I assume). I did this all manually
due to restricted modem access times (the phone is on the same line). Everithing works fine except for two
URIs:

- 'http://www.b13media.com/dev/ruby/mock-1.1.zip' does not exist ('http://www.b13media.com/' gives no
response)

- 'http://victrola/download/test.tgz' (used in 'test.rb') does not exist ('http://victrola' gives no response)

Will there be problems ahead without them?

Best regards, Wolfgang