Hello Wolfgang,

WND> "Wolfgang NŠŇasi-Donner" <wonado / donnerweb.de> schrieb im
WND> Newsbeitrag news:3knjnkFvenq5U1 / uni-berlin.de...
>> Is it somehow planned to build a new official Ruby before Ruby
>> 2, that means a version called 1.10 or so?
>>
>> --
>> Wolfgang NŠŇasi-Donner
>> wonado / donnerweb.de
>>

WND> Ooops - I mean a Version that is based on Ruby 1.9, sorry for my wrong formulation.

For some reasons there will be no 1.10 (release number will
never be two digit). So 1.9 will end up in Ruby 2.0 and this means it
will integrate YARV, the new bytecode/JIT compiler. Only God and
Buddha knows when the time for this will come.

If everything works as expected i think 1.8.3 will be out on
christmas. (1.8.1 + 1.8.2 very both released on one of the christmas
days, and also started with previews in jun, so i expect it will be
the same this year).