In article <42E58E11.3060107 / sarion.co.jp>,
 "NAKAMURA, Hiroshi" <nakahiro / sarion.co.jp> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Joe Van Dyk wrote:
> > Are there any examples of a Ruby program that publishes a WSDL and
> > runs a SOAP server and another Ruby program that is a client of that
> > server?  My search-fu fails me.
>
> There's no support for WSDL 'generation' for now.  I wish to create
> ruby2wsdl.rb (there's already wsdl2ruby.rb) eventually but I have no
> idea for now about how I can allow user to declare a type of parameter
> in Ruby.

This is one of the biggest missing pieces in ruby's wsdl support just
yet.  (Perl has much the same problem.)

If your task is to expose a back end service implemented in Ruby to the
outside world, it is very handy to have a functioning wsdl, and it is
just hellish typing up a complicated wsdl by hand.

When I had to do much the same in Perl, I ended up creating stubs in
java, exposing them as an axis web service, then asking the server for
foo.bar?wsdl, and hacking that into shape.  This gave me something I
could use with C#, Java, or Perl.

Scott

--
Scott Ellsworth