Jim Freeze wrote:
> * Florian Frank <flori / nixe.ping.de> [2005-07-26 08:26:21 +0900]:
>

>>class B
>>  def f; :g;end
>>end
>>class B
>>  include Mod
>>end
>>B.new.f # => :g
>

> Thanks Forian. For some reason I always thought that including a mod
> would shadow old methods.
> I suppose for my method to work (no pun intended), the standard
> operating procedure is to:
>
>   class B
>     alias :_orig_f
>     remove_method :f
>     include Mod
>   end
>
> I'm a little slow in getting around to these types of things, I'm
> surprised I haven't seen an RCR to reduce this to a single line.

Including a module is just like inheriting from a class--the module is
above you in the ancestor list. I guess the intuitive meaning of
"include" might be different--one might think it meant "define all
methods from the module at this point in my class definition". Maybe
"inherit <module>" would be a better name for the construct...

So would the RCR be for a construct that inserted a module between each
instance of B and B itself?