Jim Freeze <jim / freeze.org> writes:

> * Jim Weirich <jim / weirichhouse.org> [2005-07-26 13:11:43 +0900]:
>
>> On Monday 25 July 2005 10:17 pm, Lyndon Samson wrote:
>> > I know there are a few IOC containers in the RubyWorld, but they dont
>> > seem to be overly popular.
>>
>> There is a joke going around the Ruby community that there are more DI/IoC
>> frameworks in Ruby than there are people actually using the frameworks.
>
> Yes, and aren't there only two DI/IoC frameworks that exist? ;)

Count me as a user of one, Needle.

Was it worth using? I think so.  In the meantime, I have adopted my
application to several purposes, that are partly quite different to
what I originally thought of.  I think using DI helped a great lot
making my software more flexible.

Of course, it depends on the size of your application.  If it isn't
even medium, using DI is likely to be a waste of time.

> Didn't I read somewhere that an IoC in Ruby was a way to make
> something really easy very hard?  (Yes, you read that correctly.)

#ruby-lang 28 May 2005
21:53	<slyphon>	i think i've finally figured out needle
21:53	<slyphon>	it's a library that makes things complicated