On Jul 26, 2005, at 11:06 AM, redentis wrote:

> From what you're saying, the answer in Ruby is to examine the code
> and/or the documentation, which is reasonable enough, but, it does
> seem
> to make it much more difficult to extend frameworks written in Ruby.
> Particularly since you wouldn't know whether you'd missed a method
> until you attempted to run some code.

I can honestly say that I never try to sit down and implement a Java
Interface without reading the documentation.  ;)  So it's not really
a change for me.

Now, if I botch my implementation, Java *may* catch it faster (it
depends on the mistake I make).  Eventually though, both should just
blow up, and I'll see the problem then.

In exchange, Ruby sets me free to try what I think is a great idea,
though the author never considered it.  I know what's expected of the
object I'm passing and as long as mine behaves that way, the rest of
the details are irrelevant.

I guess it's always about trade offs.

James Edward Gray II