zak.wilson / gmail.com writes:

> Devin Mullins wrote:
>
>> class Foo; def thing; nil end end
>> f = Foo.new; f.thing            #=> nil
>> m = f.method :thing; m.call     #=> nil
>> class Foo; def thing; 5 end end
>> f.thing    #=> 5
>> m.call     #=> nil
>
> I think what's going on here is that it's making a copy of
> the method instead of just pointing a variable at it.

Actually, since methods are themselves immutable, making a
copy of one would have the same effect as °»just pointing a
variable at it,°… except it would be slower.

My point is that °∆def a.b ; 1 end ; def a.b ; 2 end°« is more
like °∆a.b = lambda {1} ; a.b = lambda {2}°« and less like
°∆a.b = lambda {1} ; a.b.body = "2"°«.  (Of course, this last
statement is completely bogus.)

If that doesn't make sense, forget I ever said anything.
I know I mean, and I know you know what you mean. :-)

--
Daniel Brockman <daniel / brockman.se>

    So really, we all have to ask ourselves:
    Am I waiting for RMS to do this?   --TTN.