Hi,

I am interested in embedding ruby on some physics simulation code. My
application is numerically intensive and it is important to me that the code
can be compiled with 64-bit windows in native 64 bit mode (at least soon in
future). I searched on the internet, but so far I cannot find much on this
issue except that the ruby official page says that it works only in win32
mode.
The source of my concern is that Win64 is based on LLP64, where sizeof(long)
is 4, while sizeof(void*) is 8. Here and there I find statements that say
size of long and void* has to be the same for ruby to run correctly because
of the way VALUE is used, but I just do not know how serious this constraint
is. For example, just defining

#define VALUE long long

will solve the problem or are there more fundamental problems regarding this
issue?

Thanks,
aquamm