Conrad Schneiker writes:
> From: Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net>

> But it would still be a good idea for Matz to be involved in Ruby languages
> discussions on comp.lang.misc.

YES!! Sorry for bearing wrong feeling! My intention was, that matz
should perhaps do not participate on all such discussions regarding
*only* the RFD. But, of course, he should participate on technical
question and such!

> In any case, we have plenty of time to think things over. I think
> the most important thing to do now is to move technical Ruby
> discussions over comp.lang.misc. That helps spread the word about
> Ruby, whereas arguing with the people on news.groups just wastes
> your time. Since you know Ruby much better than I do, I think it
> would be best if you discussed technical Ruby stuff with interested
> people on comp.lang.misc, and that I, as the RFD submittor, respond
> once or twice a day to new.groups. (I think that will satisfy the
> minimal requirements between now and the CFV (call for votes), if we
> decide to push for it.)

Okay! No problem! But of course I hope that many Ruby friends will
also participate answering questions in comp.lang.ruby. Especially our
Japanese friends. We need the insight of guys like Goto Kentaro,
Takaaki Tateishi, Watanabe Hirofumi, Hiwada Kazuhiro, Ozawa Sakuro,
Shugo Maeda, Nakamura Hiroshi to name only a few (sorry if I messed
up your family and first names :-}).

I CANNOT TELL IT TOO OFTEN, IT IS REALLY MY BELIEVE, THAT EVERY
JAPANESE WHO ANSWER A QUESTION THERE, WILL COUNT 5 OF US
INTERNATIONAL ONES!!! (Sorry for beeing noisy!) :-)

We have to get rid of the feeling, that Ruby is a Japanese programming
language. It was created in Japan, but it is as international as
Python, Perl or any other language.

> Interesting idea. I think an even more effective way to use their
> efforts would be for them to carry on their discussions on
> comp.lang.misc.

Exact my idea! Seeing above.

> Conrad

\cle

--
Clemens Hintze  mailto: c.hintze / gmx.net