Esteban Manchado VeláÛquez wrote:
> Hi,
>
>    I'm doing some experiments with SWIG (trying to make a Ruby interface for
> MuSE low-level sound classes), and I'm having some problems.
>
>    One of them is really weird: it seems that there are problems with extern
> "C" declarations (from C++) and with functions _named_ "error" (namely, that
> when you try to call the function, the interpreter aborts, without exceptions
> or anything).

I played around with this a little yesterday afternoon and saw exactly
the problem you desribe on Gentoo Linux. I ran gcc -E looking for a
global 'error' pulled in from some header file, but found nothing. I'm
stumped.

You might try it without SWIG--just write your own version of
_wrap_error() using the Ruby C API. I suspect it'll have the same
problem, but if not, you'll know the problem is with SWIG.

Steve