Alexandru Popescu a ?crit :
> #: by Shaun's words the mind was *winged* :#
>
>> I'm a rake guy myself -- but then I was always a makefile guy too. I
>> never fully took to ant expect when it was provided transparantly a.
>> la. Netbeans.
>>
>> As for examples...well, I guess the best known would be Rails.
>>

> 1/ Do you mean that Rails is using one of these?

Rails uses Rake.

> 2/ Should i take it literally that Rake is make and Rant is Ant? In this
> new light I guess I know which one I would consider :-).

Rake is Ruby Make, but Rant is not Ruby Ant. Rant would have been called
Rake if there weren't already an existing Rake project. But it is called
Rant, and named make on rubyforge because there is already another
project called Rant which is truly a Ruby Ant and hasn't released any
files yet. Quite confusing isn't it? :)

--
Lionel Thiry

Personal web site: http://users.skynet.be/lthiry/