Phil Tomson wrote:
> Sounds cool!  I don't have time to play with it right now, but definitely
> will look at it in the future (would something like this be usable for
> monitoring aquarium parameters?).

Will do. The IButton thermometers are excellent for this purpose, all
you need is a serial port adapter (DS1411-S09, $31.50 from Maxim) and
two wires. You can string a bunch of IButtons across the single pair
of wires, and the port will provide power, enumerate the different
buttons, and allow you to talk to them individually. You'd use DS1920
for temperature, $6.76 from Maxim. I'm sure these are available from
Digikey as well but the catalog search isn't finding them at present.

The buttons themselves are very robust. I heard of one of the
temperature-logging buttons being immersed in a mountain stream for an
entire year, recording the temperature hourly for an annual profile.
They're also very secure - they are the "key" used to unlock ATM
machines (NCR ones, anyway, don't know about others).

 > Please go to RubyForge.org and request
> a new project there and at least upload the code.

Will do. I'm going to finish the clock support first though, and I
need to be able to wait for IButton insertion.

Clifford Heath.