I believe you would want to gem uninstall amrita
first

Then just simply extract amrita2 lib to
C:\ruby\lib\ruby\site_ruby\1.8\amrita2 or wherever your ruby libs
exist on your system. I didn't have amrita 1 on my site, so I just did
this step and everything worked.

You can also subscribe to amrita2-users mailing list to ask detailed
specific questions. Taku himself reads and answers questions there.

Best regards,

Jeff