On Saturday 23 July 2005 04:00 pm, meruby / gmail.com wrote:
> Now sad part: I have some knowledge on qtruby and very little on Qt. I
> haven't program in C or C++ for ages. In a way its blessing, since I
> love to work in dynamic language, I can't stand working in static
> language like C, C++, C#, Java and such. I can not give you specific
> example about what I want to do with qtruby, because I have never
> created any big program. My vision is to make qtruby easy enough that
> end user don't have to think about another api for guil; if they know
> ruby, they should be able to use qtruby without spending days to learn
> its api.

I'm quite a newbie to Ruby (but interested in Qt and QtRuby)--all of that is
to say that I'm fairly certain I can't help in the effort--but I do applaud
the thought and want to encourage you.

regards,
Randy Kramer

PS: My particular interest at the moment is to get a web browser (khtml?) with
a "special" interface such that I can:
   * send HTML to the web browser on something like stdin
   * update the same instance of the web browser by sending new HTML via the
same route (stdin) (I don't want to "pull" content via the browser, I want to
"push" it to the browser by actions in another (Ruby?) program
   * optionally get back (by a similar route, stdout from the browser to stdin
for my other program) the results of "filling in" any HTML form that *might*
be sent to the browser.

At least, that was my intent a few days ago, now considering some other
alternates (like trying to write one program with the features of an HTML
renderer, featureful text editor (capable of folding, macros, special
seaches, etc.),  and a TWiki markup to HTML "filter").