Jeremy Henty [mailto:jeremy / chaos.org.uk] wrote:

#It's easy to copy a file with File#{open,read,write}, but I'm
#surprised there isn't a prepackaged (OS-independent) API for it like
#Perl's File::Copy.  I've haven't found any solutions in ri, Pickaxe II
#or the RAA.  Have I missed something?

fwiw, use fxri. it has a much better search engine, imho. You just type in
the keywords and it will search while you type. This is important for me
since most of the time i do not know the actual name of the method or class
yet. I hope fxri will be enhanced more since i really want it to support an
"or" search, or provide clickable links, and back/forward buttons..

in your case, you'll get hits if you type "file", or "copy", or "cp".

kind regards -botp

#
#Cheers,
#