Joel VanderWerf wrote:

> There was some discussion of that recently:
>
> http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/vframe.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/147750?147700-148826

Thanks, the solution proposed there seems to work, but I agree with one
of the commenters that it is an odd hack. I'd prefer a solution without
the need to give rdoc additional command line parameters.

I'd prefer a  #:attr: flag for class methods which tell rdoc that the
given method  is to be listed in the attributes section.

> There's my implementation of that idea at:
>
> http://raa.ruby-lang.org/project/observable/
>

>>  If I do understand ruby correctly, then this would mean to
>>  add new functions like oattr_writer to the Module class.
>

> My version defines an Observable module that you can extend your class with.

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Will it make its way into the
ruby main distribution?

regards
Hadmut