Hi!

I'm trying to write a few simple apps (a flash-card type program for
chinese characters, and a simple address book type program), and for
the file format i want to use XML.  Anyway, i don't need anything
complex at all... just the most basic reading/writing of xml files
possible.  i was looking through a bunch of the various ruby-xml
libraries, and it seems that rexml is the 'official' xml library for
ruby?  I like the looks of it, but it seems overly complex for what i
want to do.  My friend steve told me about a module in perl called
xml:simple (apparently it just loads up the xml file into a nice
little hash for you).  Anyway, that sounds like just the thing for me,
and i was wondering if ruby had anything similar.  If not maybe just
some simple example code for rexml (the debian packages didnt' seem to
come w/ any).  Tips or suggestions on xm file i/o would be greatly
appreciated.

thanks,
Cameron Matheson