basi wrote:

> I'm trying out FreeRIDE and I have a truly embarrassing question.
>
> I enter the command:
>
> puts "Hello, Ruby"
>
> then hit Run, and all I see in the Output View is
>
> >ruby C:\Program Files\FreeRIDE\untitled1.rb
> >exit
>
> Where did the output Hello, Ruby go?

Hi,

A very valid question.  Are you using Windows 9x ?

I get this error message in the console window:

  "Cannot find file 'CMD' (or one of its components). Check to
   ensure the path and filename are correct and that all required
   libraries are available."

.... which comes from around line 150 in:

  \FreeRIDE\plugins\rubyide_tools_fox_script_runner\script_runner.rb

(  command = "start CMD /c "+command  )

  CMD.exe is not available to 9x/ME users.

Should there be a "#{ENV['COMSPEC']}" in there somewhere
to pick up COMMAND.COM, also ?
Having said that, it makes no improvement for me and I'm
not sure whether IO.popen() works on 9x.

daz