Clifford Heath wrote:
> The reason I use propagation is that I don't know of any language
> where *values* get inherited. It's always traits - variables and
> methods. My Aspect Definition Language has value inheritance, but
> I restrict myself to using inheritance in the bogus O-O way,
> applying it to the classification hierarchy as others do. That
> leaves me unable to use the same term where a child uses a value
> defined by its parent, so I use the term "propagation" for that :-).

ADL sounds interesting, but google doesn't know much about it. Is it
published, or can you give us some hints or examples?

I'm asking because I've written a language for inheritance of values,
and used it as the specification language for simulations. It may be
completely irrelevant to ADL, but I'm still curious.