Hello Ara.T.Howard,

>>> I doubt that a simple X vs. Y feature will help you in any way.
>>>
>>> All of them have concepts, implementations and ideas behind them that
>>> you only can find by looking at the language in detail and trying it
>>> out on at least a non trivial example.
>>
>> OK, a sample application implemented in all those languages then, with a
>> commentary highlighting what makes each one tick.

ATH> http://shootout.alioth.debian.org/

ATH> and so much more.

All of them are very trivial examples.

What i mean is you have to write once real world program that solves
a non trivial purpose. And you have to do it yourself, not look at
already done code. If you've written 1000 lines in a language (for
example for a simple command line text transformation tool) you get a
feeling for the language.

Unfortunately it takes some time (about a week per language) but it
is worth every minute.

Learning is something that can't be done fast.