From: Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / netlab.co.jp>

> Hi,
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:01488] Discussion happens on news.groups"
>     on 00/02/18, Clemens Hintze <c.hintze / gmx.net> writes:
>
> |I do not know whether you are aware of the fact, that there is an
> |on-going discussion about the RFD of comp.lang.ruby. At the moment it
> |looks not too sweet for us, IMHO.
>
> My site does not subscribe news.groups, so that I don't know what is
> going on there.  But what can I do for comp.lang.ruby?
>
> We had almost 200 *English* mails here this week.  I saw dozen of
> articles at comp.lang.perl.misc and comp.lang.python about Ruby,
> actually about article on IBM developerWorks.  Isn't that enough?
>
> If it isn't, let's move to comp.lang.misc.

I think that is a very good idea. To be effective, we probably have to post
all replies to mail list items to comp.lang.misc, and only send note to mail
list saying to see comp.lang.misc for reply, unless some automatic system is
set up like Clemens Hintze mention in his reply to your note.

(I also think that is a good idea because many people (like me) don't like
to subscribe to mail lists, and it would also gets Ruby items and related
topics cross-indexed in deja.com and other search engines, which may bring
more people to Ruby.)

> Ask me or us anything about Ruby there.

I have posted a copy of the RFD on comp.lang.misc, and invited people to
post questions about Ruby there.

Conrad