On Thursday 21 July 2005 12:50, Christoph Neubauer wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Thanks for answering quickly.
> But, alas, for some reasons I'm bound to 1.6.8.
>
> Is there any workaround possible ?

Hmm, depends on wether you have to run existing Rakefiles or
you need to write a new one. If you intend to write new buildfiles
try to use Rant, which is very similar to Rake.

I've just managed to get a limited version of Rant running
with Ruby 1.6.8. You can download it from
(the last entry, the script make.rb under Rant for Ruby 1.6.8).

For general Rant documentation visit http://make.ruby-co.de

From the release notes of Rant for Ruby 1.6.8:
"
This is a special monolithic Rant script created for users which
can't upgrade their Ruby installation to a version newer
than Ruby 1.6.8.

Just copy the file make.rb into the project directory
(the same in which your Rantfile lies).

To run your Rantfiles type:
  % ruby make.rb [options] [arguments]
instead of the usual:
  % rant [options] [arguments]

This script (make.rb) has the following imports inlined
(may work, but not tested):
  * subfile
  * clean
  * directedrule