> I was just at the OCaml site,
> http://caml.inria.fr/pub/docs/manual-ocaml/manual032.html
> looking at what it would *really* take to do this and it
> seems very possible.
>
> OCaml supports mixed C/OCaml libraries, too.  Lot's of
> possibilities.
>
> Maybe I'll look into it further.  It would be useful for me.
>
> Rick

Well, I looked into it and it is far easier that I thought.

I wrote a small fibonacci function in OCaml (actually took the
example from the OCaml docs), wrapped it in a C library,
built a ruby extension that loads the OCaml runtime and called
the fib function, passing in an integer and returning the
calculated value as a Ruby value.

It might not seem like much but it proves that OCaml can
be easily interfaced with Ruby.

It's not bullet proof but it could be made so.

There is too much to it to explain on the list.  I'll put up
a web page with code and explainations if people are interested.

Rick

--
Rick Nooner
rick / nooner.net