* Rick Nooner <rick / nooner.net> [2005-07-21 02:59:56 +0900]:

> > So, Ara, what do you think of OCaml after reading that book?
> > (investigating OCaml has been on my TODO list for a few years now, but
> > it'll have to wait till my thesis is done).
> >
> > Phil

> I know you asked Ara about this but I thought I'd answer anyway.
>
> I have used both Ruby and OCaml for real projects in the telecommunications space.

I looked at ocaml a while back, but stopped when I didn't see
an easy way to call ocaml routines from Ruby.
I think it would be very nice if I could write extensions in
ocaml instead of C.

Granted, I didn't spend any time investigating this, so I'm
asking here, has anyone written an extension in ocaml for Ruby?
I would like to know what compiler was used and what
options were used.

--
Jim Freeze