Hi,

I do not know whether you are aware of the fact, that there is an
on-going discussion about the RFD of comp.lang.ruby. At the moment it
looks not too sweet for us, IMHO.

The most articles are from guys who do not agree to create that group!
They are against it, because there is too less traffic for
Ruby. Perhaps it would help, if you could also post an article there,
that you would like to have that group too ...

The next problem is, that these guys do not want to count the traffic
of the Japanese lists together with that of the international
list. Perhaps it would help too, if some of our Japanese friends could
post there, that they also would be interested in having an
international comp.lang.ruby group and that they also would use that
forum if it exists!

If that all does not help, Constantin would have to drop the RFD
before coming to voting, because if the voting fails we have to wait
another six month before reraise that RFD again. After dropping, we
would have to create traffic in groups like comp.lang.misc. If we
exceed 10 articles per day for some time in these groups we could
reraise the RFD again.

I would to beg you all to consider these facts too and think about
following and participating the discussions on news.groups. The more
we are the better the chances to get the RFD thru! :-)

Conrad has done a good job with issuing that RFD. He has told me that
he also did not know the regularies for creating a comp.lang.xxx
group before, but he has worked thru this to help us to create
comp.lang.ruby. We should not let him alone now ...

Just my two cents! Sorry for wasting your time ...

Thanks,
\cle

--
Clemens Hintze  mailto: c.hintze / gmx.net