Hi, all.

I note that there is a fine package for time profiling, but I did not
see one for memory profiling.

Did I miss one?

NB - if you have not looked in the Java profiler space lately, it might
be worth a glance.  Virtually every profiler package out there can tell
you how many of each object are live, how many are dead, the line that
produced each allocation, and the amount of VM taken by each.  Thus, you
can easily find:
   The lines that allocated the most memory
   The lines that churned (allocated and freed) the most memory
   The lines that allocated the most objects
   The lines that churned the most objects
   The objects holding on to the most data

and so on.

This kind of stuff usually makes it very easy to discover why an app is
taking up so much RAM, which is a very good first step when deciding to
improve both speed and footprint.

Scott

--
Scott Ellsworth