Ian Macdonald wrote:

> Apologies for the shamefully late response. My wife recently gave birth
> to our first child and I am in the midst of winding up my full-time job
> and planning an international move.

No apologies necessary! Congratulations and it sounds as if you have
your hands full in many respects. As for the Ruby/LDAP project
compiling on Windows I would think that using a Cygwin setup one could
get this done. The problem is that my Ruby environment was created
using the one-click installer and is registered as mswin32. I do have
Cygwin on my system but Ruby wasn't compiled in it. Then to make
matters worse I have a couple of different IDE's on my system,
including Bloodshed Dev-C++ (which comes with a mingw compiler) and
Widestudio (which comes with a GNU compiler), in addition to my
Microsoft Visual C++ Toolkit 2003 environment. I guess I could play
around with things until I get it done for Ruby/LDAP, but don't have to
time nor ingenuity I guess :-)