I've been revisiting my favorite Ruby project in the past
few weeks.

Basically this is my approach:

1. Start with the API, test it heavily, worry about GUI later
2. Learn from my mistakes over the last two iterations :)
3. Use KirbyBase for storage (for now), as it is simple, Rubyish,
    and runs everywhere

For those totally unfamiliar with Tycho, see the main page
(which does need to be updated):
   http://tycho.rubyforge.org

See also my slides from RubyConf2004 (similarly out of date):
   http://rubyhacker.com/tycho/slides/

In short: Tycho is a tool for managing random information
in the form of "notes" arranged in a hierarchy of "topics."
For purposes of scripting both inside and outside the tool,
a rich Ruby API is planned.

Example uses of API:
   - grab certain RSS feeds and store them
   - scan the latest 'ri' data and store it
   - write alternate interfaces (web, etc.)
   - perform ad hoc analyses of all content

    NOTE: My latest scribblings on the API are really
    where I'd like feedback at the moment.

    See: http://rubyhacker.com/tycho/apinotes.txt

Disclaimer: Yes, I use the exclamation point in a somewhat
unconventional way -- it indicates a recursive search
(arguably "more dangerous" than a simple search). You're
welcome to comment on that, but let's not start a whole
subthread to debate it.

Obviously you're free to say things like "I just don't
get it." I'm hoping however that you *will* "get it" and
will have some high-level comments about the API.

Thanks,
Hal