On Mon, 2005-07-18 at 01:00 +0900, Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Jul 2005, Michael Campbell wrote:
>
> > On 7/16/05, Tristan Knowles <cydonia_1 / yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> I was chatting with a PHP dev friend tonight, he is a
> >> PHP die hard who thinks it can do anything.
> >
> > I assume PHP is turing-complete, no?    =)
>
> if it never frees memory that seems a bit like reading a finite length tape
> doesn't it?  so maybe no.  ;-)

According to the PHP manual:

  Resource management is a crucial issue, especially in server software.
  One of the most valuable resources is memory, and memory management
  should be handled with extreme care. Memory management has been
  partially abstracted in Zend, and you should stick to this abstraction
  for obvious reasons: Due to the abstraction, Zend gets full control
  over all memory allocations. Zend is able to determine whether a block
  is in use, automatically freeing unused blocks and blocks with lost
  references, and thus prevent memory leaks.

--
Matthew Berg <galt / gothpoodle.com>