From: Yukihiro Matsumoto <matz / netlab.co.jp>

> Hi,
>
> In message "[ruby-talk:01476] Re: Bignum aset"
>     on 00/02/17, Andrew Hunt <andy / Toolshed.Com> writes:
>
> | >Shall I write and bundle extension, say BitVector?
> | >It is fairly easy using Bignum structure, once specification is
> | >defined.
>
> |Well, if you don't have anything else to do today :-)
>
> Somebody's got to fix spec for me before that.

Module? Good idea. Why didn't I think of that the first time?

Anyway, IIRC, there is already at least one Perl module for similar things.
It might be worth checking out to see what feature set they finally settled
on, and whether there is any C code that could be copied. (Hmm, I see a more
general strategy emerging here.) Anyone else there that could check out CPAN
and report back? My Ruby queue is full at the moment.

Conrad